Work In Progress – “Language Gate”
Host: Paula Gould
Guests: Kathryn Gunnarsson, Phoenix Ramos Proppé and Miriam Petra Ómarsdóttir Awad, with Jeffrey Guarino and Laufey Ólafsdóttir.
The language blame game; how does language start a fire that blinds accomplishment?
– The op-eds that falsified three times the charm
– Are immigrants the torch bearers of the Icelandic language?
– Prejudice in Iceland/ Being Icelandic enough in the eye of who? Does Iceland want diversity or numbers?
– Are the ideas to measure diversity and inclusivity being used for numbers and not to implement action?
– Foreigners being drilled by Icelandic society to be enough when their Icelandic counterparts are not being demanded the same. The sense of belonging
-What does it mean to be Iceland from micro to macro-level?
– How does the Icelandic measurement of belonging deny one’s experiences?